Friday, September 30, 2005

Throwing Elbows at FEMA

I doubt there was a player I despised more in the 1990s than Karl Malone. He was dirty, he was arrogant and he beat the hell out of the Kings every time he came to ARCO.

But I'm not sure there's a better guy out there. The USA Today reports on the Mailman's relief work in Mississippi in today's issue.

The story is vivid enough that you can almost picture Malone down there, intimidating the hell out of the bureaucrats and private contractors trying to keep his crew from helping out. I know I wouldn't say a word to him if he drove a bulldoze down my block.

I never thought I'd say it, but the world needs more Karl Malones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Editor:
Tom Ziller

The Sacramento Kings are a tough act to follow, literally.

SKB does the dirty work so you can forget about the blood, sweat and tears.

Oh, you'll still need the tears in April, though.

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com